‘INSTITUTION’S INNOVATION COUNCIL (IICS)’
Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India has established ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation among all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs). The primary mandate of MIC is to encourage, inspire and nurture young students by supporting them to work with new ideas and transform them into prototypes while they are informative years.
MIC has envisioned encouraging creation of ‘Institution’s Innovation Council (IICs) across selected HEIs. A network of IICs are established to promote innovation and entrepreneurship in the Institution through multitudinous modes leading to an innovation promotion ecosystem in the campuses. MIC has established Institution's Innovation Council in more than 2200 Instiutions till November 2020.
- To create a vibrant local innovation ecosystem.
- Start-up supporting mechanism in HEIs.
- Prepare institute for Atal Ranking of institutions on innovation achievements framework.
- Establish function ecosystem for scouting ideas and pre-incubation of ideas.
- Develop better cognitive ability among students.
FUNCTION OF IIC
- To conduct various Innovation, IPR and entrepreneurship-related activities prescribed by MIC in time bound fashion.
- Identify and reward innovations and share success stories.
- Organize periodic workshops/ seminars/ interactions with entrepreneurs, investors, professionals and create a mentor pool for student innovators.
- Network with peers and national entrepreneurship development organizations.
- Create an Institution’s Innovation portal to highlight innovative projects carried out by institution’s faculty and students.
- Organize Hackathons, idea competition, mini-challenges etc. with the involvement of industries.
AIMAN College of Arts & Science For Women, Tiruchirappalli has established Institution Innovation Council(IIC) as per the Norms Of Innovation Cell, Ministry Of Education, Govt. Of India During IIC Calendar Year 2020-21
|Date of issue :||05-11-2020|
|Certificate No :||4098|
|IIC ID :||IC202014554|
BRIEF MENTION OF KEY FUNCTIONARIES AT THE IIC INSTITUTE
|President :||Dr.Suhashini Ernest|
|Vice President :||Mrs.B.FahamedhaThabaseem|
|S.No.||Name of Member||Type (Teaching/ Nonteaching / External Expert||Key Role/ Position assigned in IIC|
|1.||Dr.Suhashini Ernest M.Sc.,M.Phil.,Ph.D., PGDCA.,||Principal& Head Department of Physics||President|
|2.||Mrs.B.FahamedaThabaseem ,MCA., M.Phil., D.Tech.||Vice Principal & Head, Department of Computer Applications||Vice-President|
|3.||Mrs.G.Revathi,M.Com.,M.Phil., NET||Head, Department of Commerce||Start up Activity Coordinator, Member|
|4.||Ms.B.Farhan M.A||Assistant Professor, Department of English||Convenor|
|5.||Mrs. S.Aasha M.Sc.,M.Phil.,NET||Assistant Professor, Department of Computer Science||Innovation Activity Co-ordinator|
|6.||Ms.A.MajithaBanu||System Engineer||Social Media Co-ordinator|
|7.||Ms.Priyadharshini, M.Sc||Assistant Professor, Department of Nutrition & Dietetics||Internship Activity Coordinator|
|8.||Mrs. V.Sumathi, M.B.A., M.Phil.||Assistant Professor, Department of Business Administration||IPR Activity Coordinator|
|9.||Mrs.C.Priya ,MSc.,MPhil.,B.Ed.||Head, Department of Mathematics||ARIIA Coordinator|
SESSION ON WHY IP IS IMPORTANT IN ACADEMIA
REPORT + INVITATION